Here we go......

January 1st, 2020.  New Year, New Decade.  This is the day that most people start talking about their New Years resolutions.  What changes are they going to make to better themselves.  As most of you who are reading this know, I’m not like most people and therefore I don’t believe in resolutions.  What I do believe in is GOALS.  Set a big goal, get your tribe on board, let your training partners know and find a coach who will push you right to your limit.  By doing this you now have accountability.
So my goal for 2020 actually materialized in 2019 and became even more set in stone when I found out about a small aneurysm in my brain.  Not that I needed more odds to overcome or obstacles in my way, but this entire journey from 10k to Half Marathon to Marathon to Half Ironman wouldn’t have started without a little adversity.
On August 23rd I will toe the line at Ironman Mont Tremblant.  For those not familiar with triathlon it is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and a 26.2 mile run that has to be completed in under 17 hours so that one can hear Mike Reilly say, “You are an Ironman”
This blog will serve 2 purposes.  The first is to keep people who are interested in following my story in the loop about my training and my journey, the good and the bad.  The second is for me to really reflect on my personal journey and the magnitude of what I’m going to do.
So I hope that you’ll join me on this journey........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cautious Optimism Waning

Right Where I’m Supposed to Be

The Hills are alive……