6 months from today

6 months from today at this time I will be 14 hours into my Ironman.  It is way too early to tell where I will be on the course as I’m still in the build phase of my training, but I know that I will be closer to hearing Mike Reilly call me across that iconic finish line than farther!  Now, to most people 6 months might seem like a long time, 180 days, half a year, but I can tell you that the time will be here before I know it.  The key as far as I am concerned is to continue to enjoy the journey.  The countless miles of training be it on my bike trainer alone in my basement, running along the local streets or following the black line at the bottom of the pool.  The race, 6 months from today will be my reward, my victory lap, a celebration of all of my hard work.  Some days and weeks will be great, some will be good and some will suck!!!  The important part is to remember that I am lucky to be able to do this even when things get tough.  This was another solid week of training.  I had a great swim mid week and also completed my first and likely only run test of this training.  On the bike and in the pool I will test frequently to measure my progress, but the run will be different.  When I found out about my aneurysm last summer and subsequently saw the doctor the only rule I was given was to not let my heart rate get up to and stay in the “red” zone for prolonged periods of time.  When I run hard my heart rate tends to climb and a run test requires me to run hard for 30 minutes straight.  So, now we have the baseline and something to build on and that is exactly what we will do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cautious Optimism Waning

Right Where I’m Supposed to Be

The Hills are alive……