Solid few weeks.....

Sorry for being MIA!  Been a busy few weeks with work and a quick family trip down to Florida, but I’ve finally strung together a few solid weeks of training.  I know, I know.....we’re early on in the training cycle, but it’s very important that I’m moving forward otherwise I’m moving backwards.  My coach puts my workouts in a program called Training Peaks and when I complete a workout it is coded as green, if I miss a workout it is red and if I partially finish a workout it’s orange or yellow.  Obviously I prefer to see green across the board, but an occasional orange is ok, red is just not acceptable in my world.  So, over the last few weeks I’ve seen a lot of green across the board which makes me happy.  Even when away, green.  Work gets a little crazy, green.  The key is to make sure that I prioritize my workouts.  That doesn’t mean I neglect my family or work, it does mean getting up a little earlier if necessary though to get it done.  I find that by doing my workouts early prevents my day from getting in the way.  I also feel a million times better when I know that I’ve gotten a “win” for the day.  The most satisfying part of these last few weeks has been watching my swim times drop.  A couple of minor tweaks and....BOOM, my pace went from close to 2:00/100 to 1:50/100.  Feeling good physically, feeling strong mentally and just keep telling myself that the journey is what it’s all about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cautious Optimism Waning

Right Where I’m Supposed to Be

The Hills are alive……