Favorite Time of the year

 Ah, late December, holidays are here, kids getting ready for Winter Break, generally a favorite time of the year for many.

I happen to have two favorite times of the year for different, but similar reasons.  The first is the first week of April because it’s Masters week.  Even though I don’t play as much golf as I used to that week is still extremely special to me because it was a special week that I would spend watching the greatest golf tournament in the world with my father.  He’s gone almost 18 years yet Jordan and I still watch the Masters every year and carry on that tradition.

This week also tends to be a favorite for me because it is the week of the PNC Parent Child Championship.  It is a golf tournament where former major winners get the chance to play with a family member.  Most, but not all are father son pairings.  My dad and I had our fair share of success in father son golf tournaments and earlier this year Jordan and I won our first parent child tournament.  Today though I spent time with Jordan working out in the garage and then watching the tournament on television.

Being able to spend time with him doing the things that I loved and now love is something that I don’t take for granted.  I know that time goes quickly and I need to make the most of any opportunity I get to hang with him while he still thinks his old man is cool!  I know that I would give absolutely anything to play one more round of golf with my dad, I know he’d be proud of my endurance accomplishments even if he thought it was crazy.  I just hope Jordan not only enjoys these times with me, but someday he’ll be able to do the same with his kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cautious Optimism Waning

The Hills are alive……

Right Where I’m Supposed to Be